Friday, November 20, 2009

The Lisa Quilt

I finished the quilt and had fun sewing it. I even figured out how to wind the bobbin so Bernie was behaving just fine! the quilt is 20 x 28. I am not sure what I will do with it--maybe hand it on a wall somewhere and remember the wonderful weekend I had with Lisa the Birmingham Guild gals. My theme was taking the journey into my artistic soul(and the journey to Birmingham). Lisa talked with us about letting go of our fear and just create for the joy of it. After all, it's just fabric and there is also gesso or more collaged fabric. SO JUST GO FOR IT! I will put up some photos of my other canvas pieces tomorrow in a vlog.

12 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Nice - maybe you could mount it on a black painted canvas to make it shine...maybe even a reclaimed canvas.

Art by Darla Kay said...

That's beautiful Martha!

jgr said...

Oh I love it! Yes, I think you should hang it on the wall.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Martha, it's beautiful. I see it hanging from a tree branch. Maybe one from your journey.

Mary said...

I love Julie's idea, I think black would set it off nicely. Then I like Tess's idea, a branch sounds cool. Maybe combine the two, back the piece with black fabric the hang it on the branch!! But I definitely hang it. It's beautiful!!

Prairie Emporium said...

I love it Martha!!!

Sue K said...

Wonderful Martha!! I love all the elements you combined for this. Yes, definitely hang it up...maybe in your studio??? Black would definitely set off all of the colors.

Anonymous said...

I so agree, this is truly beautiful Martha!

lori vliegen said...

i love it!! love, love, love it!! and it will look magnificent hanging on your wall!! xoxo, :))

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Wow.

Kelly Warren said...

very pretty, Martha! I like the hanging it on the wall idea.

Lisa said...

MARTHA!
This is so awesome! It turned out sooo nicely-Im so proud-altho you really did all the work-Im going to put this on my blog if thats ok!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin