While I have been trying to be an oil painter I have been having script stamp
withdrawals. This was suppose to be just a plain 'ole painting of two poppies but when it was finished it was so boring. (This was also a day where I threatened to quit oil painting altogether---I have painting days like that. But God's mercies are new every day!)
So, the next morning I decided to try to save it and to add some stamp texture on it. It was really not that difficult, you just have to wait till it dries a bit. But I did discover that I could use my Sennelier oil pastel set (finally found a use for that dang set!). I added some brighter colors with the oil pastels and rubbed a white one on the stamp and spritzed it with Gamsol and it stamped pretty well. Anyway, I think I jazzed up the boring poppies. So maybe I won't quit today.
This is 16x20 on Ampersand panel.
23 days until Angus Wilson Workshop.