Saturday, November 7, 2009

I finished her





The previous picture of her was just a crop of the almost finished one but today I worked on her some more. I put some hymn music around the sides and I sprayed the stencils with the air compressor with the copics. I think I will really enjoy adding the stencils to the background. Of course you can get basically the same effect with a stencil and acrylic but there is just something about blowing it on that gives it that really soft look. And if you don't like it you can wipe it off with alcohol and it's gone, baby gone! Ok, now for the drawbacks---but it's just one---the air compressor uses lots of ink so you have to refill which involves ---more cha-ching! I haven't gotten to that point yet but I'm sure I will.
Y'all have a wonderful weekend and oxox to all.

Oh, and I am thinking about adding a tiny quote in type down by her shoulder
Here is the quote ---but I have decided yet whether to do that. Any thoughts?

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."


14 comments:

jgr said...

Martha, she's beautiful! Thank you for sharing your technique, too.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I love the soft colors and the hymn music, Martha. Your quote idea fits perfectly! Beautiful. I love how you did her lips and the pearls are a great touch...Have a wonderful weekend!

Sue K said...

Yes, she is beautiful!! I think your quote would be perfect...and like the idea...down on her shoulder. Sounds like you are having fun with your new TOY!!

Vicki Holdwick said...

She is beautiful, Martha.

I like her with or without the quote.

It is a really nice quote.

xoxo

Sandi said...

Martha love the finished face and the quote is perfect. Whimsical, elegant, charming, omg. Hugs

Cheryl Gebhart said...

She's beautiful Martha - and I like the quote idea too.

Art by Darla Kay said...

She's terrific!

Macaulay White said...

All the girls are so purdy!

aimee said...

martha, your lettering and art are amazing! you put such a colorful twist on traditional calligraphy!

Gina Lee Kim said...

I second PaperPumpkin--I love the lips and pearls too. Perfect quote. Perfect piece. Will you keep her?

julie king said...

she is just wonderful martha. love the caring look on her face. and the quote is perfect as well!!!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

She is beautiful - and I love the purple / yellow color scheme!

Nicola said...

She is beautiful! I really love the colours you have used and all the texture and patterns in the background, i think the quote is perfect and fits wonderfully with the painting!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Martha! She is so beautiful. Such perfect, delicate features, and such a sweet look. I also love how you did the pearls sitting ever so irregular, just like they'd be in real life. The quote you chose is lovely also, however, she's perfect even without it! :)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin