Friday, October 10, 2008

PRACTICE DAY



Ok, just to show you that I do practice my lettering. It has been a hard practice day--nibs won't work, gouache blobing, letterforms not up to par.  What's the answer?---more practice!  That's the only way. Even after studying and practicing the "art" of calligraphy for 28 years, it still isn't easy sometimes and is still quite frustrating at times. There are several different styles that I use for my "go to" letters and even the "go to's" weren't working so well. Then I picked up my Parallel Pen and ahhhhhhh....I love that pen. I don't use it that much because I feel like I am cheating. Calligraphers have to suffer!!!!!

 So--I'm off to practice more.

Also, scroll down and see my homework portraits.

No comments:

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin