Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Listen to the WIND




This is painted on 8x8 canvas board. I did not use Kelly Rae's book because I am trying to move away from that look. Her book is, "Taking Flight." She has some very good techniques in her book but I need to go on and find my own way now. I didn't use any papers at all for the background. I used just acrylic paint and painted patterns in different colors and kept layering and building up colors and textures. It was really very colorful and nice. I should have taken a picture of it before I painted over it with the angel. In the background you will see a little of my stamp from my letterforms that I had made. It is the Scripture in Hebrews about angels. I love that Scripture and will probably do more angels with that theme. It says. "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers but thereby some have entertained angels unawares." I also like the Wind to be blowing. I capitalize Wind because in all of these portraits, the Wind has Biblical significance for me in each piece. There is Scripture all in the background of these pieces.
I also found a way with the overlay brush to make the gold in the original piece glow. Check it out. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zu4EbnUfoiE/SOyoBllcRhI/AAAAAAAAAzg/Kz1R_Pnx0wE/s1600-h/entertainangels.jpg

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

i think that she's beautiful! keep painting these angels! it's definitely your own look!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin