Thursday, October 2, 2008

ENTERTAIN ANGELS



I just finished this and it is still wet with varnish. My original calligraphy is in the background on the right and metallic flecks of gold are blowing. The photo doesn't pick that up very well but in person it really pops and it's very cool! There are other flecks blowing around too but you can't see them on the photo.
I started this collage last night and worked on it all morning. So I guess one of these takes about 5 or 6 hours to do. But it is fun and I definitely breath easier when her face emerges. I never know what she will look like. This angel looks a bit sad but I am sure some angels are looking at us and they probably are a bit sad sometimes. I tried to "Happy" her up but she just didn't want to.



I will be out of town until Sunday so I won't get to post anything until Monday--or if I am really productive after my trip, Sunday. I have tons of stuff---I can always pull from the stash of artwork. Actually I do like to do that from time to time and give some of these pieces a new life.



All of these portraits paintings that I do are inspired by KellyRae Robert's book, "Taking Flight."

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

i think that she is sweet, sweet, sweet. and, this is still one of my favorite scriptures!

hope you had a great trip!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin