Friday, January 16, 2009

Two BIG POPPIES!!!




Well, I just took a deep breath and painted them big.  These are on 15 x19 Kilimanjaro watercolor paper and adhered to a 16 x 20 Masters Baroque Artist Panel that I spray painted painted black. Painting big is really a different animal altogether but I am determined to not be intimidated by BIG.  And also---the perceived value $ amount is highter---even thought the same work goes into smaller ones. Go figure... 

I will spray these with varnish and they can hang without frames.

8 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh Martha these are lovely, great job. I love the backgrounds too.

Brenda said...

These are stunning and I love the way you have incorporated black (I am very partial to black, hehe)

lori vliegen said...

these are so pretty!! i can't wait to see them in person! you do BIG good, girl! :)

Fannie said...

Beautiful and clever, Martha!

Ann's ART said...

Beautiful. Poppies are my favorite. I wonder why it is called Kilimanjaro paper?

Teresa aka Tess said...

Martha, Thank you for your comments on my blog. I left an answer to your question, Who is Misty?, with my red journal page post.

sherry carrigan said...

These are fantastic, Martha! You should do a step by step tutorial for us.

e.beck.artist said...

these are gorgeous ....

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin