Sunday, January 4, 2009

Metal Embossing!



Well, I just couldn't wait for TenSecond Studio so I traveled into the very traffic-filled area of Orange Park on New Year's Eve-day- and Donna, at A Small Cleverness (my favorite store) had everything you would need for metal embossing. There are so many tools it will make your head swim. The gals at TenSecond Studio also have tools but Donna's are better and she sells pewter sheets where TenSeconds sells aluminum. That's ok though because the alum is cheaper so I still ordered some of that too. I watched their instructional videos---which was frequently irritating--but never the less- informative.

This is very very fun to do and I think it has potential. I actually didn't adhere anything down on this piece -I just taped it on the see how it would look with something in the center. It's way cool FUN!!!

5 comments:

lori vliegen said...

wow, that looks awesome martha! you did a great job on your first piece! i'm definitely going to have to try this...my studio is already bulging with supplies, but these tools look small...hee hee hee :)

julie king said...

it looks like fun and what a delightful addition to your boards. another handicraft i want to try. the list goes on and on! thanks for sharing!

Carol Sloan said...

I love to emboss on metal! Go to judy perez blog for a really good tutoril about sewing on metal. I love your embossing Martha! Happy New Year!

noodle and lou said...

how COOL! I really love it Martha!
I'll have to look for that shop next time we're in OP visiting my in-laws! Happy New Year!! xox...jenn

Kelly Warren said...

this looks like much fun...

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin