Sunday, August 30, 2009

Poppy Paper Quilt Two

This original watercolor Poppy paper quilt is actually pretty large and would be 10 x 20 framed--if I framed it. I am getting so many paper quilts now that I need to decide what will be framed for the show. What I probably should do is print these three squares on inkjet white cotton, punch up the color if needed, find some material for the background and make a wall hanging quilt. I was a little afraid to do some thread painting on the original but I can try is when I print it on cotton.

8 comments:

Karin said...

Those poppies are gorgeous!

Sue K said...

I just love your poppies. I never did get the hang of them after Michelles' class. I guess I need to practice more!! This would look lovely framed. Happy Sunday!
hugs at ya!

Debbie said...

Your poppies are always so pretty!

lori vliegen said...

you do poppies like no one's business!! this is gorgeous on its own, but would really look fantastic in a frame. and yes.....prints on cotton....great idea! :)

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Your poppies would make a wonderful quilt art piece! I look forward to seeing the process and final product if you'll share them with us.

Gina Lee Kim said...

pretty darling if you ask me!

Mary said...

Martha these are truly gorgeous as Karin said. Perfect for a wall hanging I would say!! They would make a great pillow too I think, and a tote bag, and a..... you name it!! :)

Mary said...

Marthy I can't seem to find your address. Would you email it to me please? maryefreeman@hotmail.com

Thanks! :)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin