Saturday, August 15, 2009

I've been dying fabric!

UPDATE:
I just dyed the scarf.  It is actually really pretty. No special expertise here--just painted stripes with the dye. Then I did a few spatters.  I think I really will wear it. I also had to go online a buy some more scarves. Now if I just learn to quilt---then I might be able to use all my newly dyed fabrics.   I am trying to follow Chrissie Grace's blog on making an easy quilt so maybe I will learn. 
Why did I do this? I really don't know...Do I know what I am doing---no,not really...and was it fun?---yes! and very messy!  I have been thinking about dying some fabric for fibers to go in books and maybe for sewing a little wall hanging or something. (when I learn how to do that...)  I used a very old sheer tablecloth and that turn out pretty good but the best and brightest was the cotton muslin.  I did buy a silk white scarf for painting so maybe I will just put some color on it and wear it!  Scarves are very "in" now---and my neck is quickly going down so maybe I should make several!

7 comments:

Tita Mama said...

beautiful cloth!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Soooooo pretty. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Debbie / Prairie Emporium said...

Love your dye job!! It looks to me like you know what you are doing.

Sue K said...

Martha...this is beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with the fabric too!!! Did you use regular fabric dyes or inks?? So pretty and creative. As many mediums as you are using, I don't see how you could ever get bored! LOL!!! Love this!

Mary said...

Martha these are fantastic!!! Such pretty colors. They would make lovely scarves as an accent - your neck looks just fine!!! It is a little sad how everything starts to go south though. I want a tattoo, just a little one, but not sure where to put it where it won't eventually get distorted! lol

Carol Sloan said...

pretty good stuff ! You're as bad as I am about skipping from one art form to another...we love them all, don't we?

LuLu said...

Howdy Martha,

I like these dye jobs. What brands did you use? And like you, I want to learn to quilt. My passion is CQs.

Thanks for sharing Chris' link.

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin