Monday, August 10, 2009
Well, this is surely a first for me. I painted the flower and printed it on cotton fabric for ink jet by Jacquard. It works really well and only fades out a bit. But I decided to punch up the colors on the printed fabric with very concentrated liquid watercolors. Then I stitched around the flower and stitched it onto the upholstery fabric. I think I could have actually at this point sewed it onto the bag ( bought from Hobby Lobby) but I glued it. I couldn't quite figure out how to do that and I liked the frayed edges so I guess the sewing would only be functional rather than decorative. Anyway, it was fun and new for me. Oh also, I used a script stamp in the original watercolor background and I found out that if you use a chalk ink pad it makes a more dreamy-like image and not so sharp as with the pigment or dye ink pads. I never have liked those chalk ink pads until now! Thanks goodness because I have quite a few of them.