Saturday, August 22, 2009

Spirit Paper Quilt


This one is about 5x5 and it is made from some squares of paper painted with stripes of acrylic. 
These are some stitches that I wouldn't use again but once you start---you're committed so I had to go with it. I am finding that some stitches do great on paper, other stitches get all bunched up and drills a hole in the paper. That's not fun---but I am learning as I go. The center Spirit is much more silver than in the scan so in person, it looks better although I might just cut the squares out and start again without the center Spirit. And I am trying to turn a better corner with the blanket stitch. I getting a little better.


1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

this is really neat, martha!! i love how colorful it is, and then there's that wonderful pop of black in the stitching!! your blanket stitches look great to me....i don't do so well with turning the corners....
xoxox

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin