Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...the duty of the artist.

I have been assembling another Artsy Stuff chunky book like the other one I did which is filled with bits and pieces of artsy stuff; paintings, calligraphy, etc.  I like to create these books because it gives a purpose to all the little bits that I have that are not ready for the Etsy shop or for framing. All of the pieces are originals. These are two separate pieces that encountered serendipity. Neither were created for the other but sometimes it's fun to combine pieces. And it's so fun to stitch around the pieces. 
 It's 5 x81/2 on Arches Text Wove watercolor paper. The background is paste paper.








6 comments:

Mary said...

love this one, such a great quote!!

Mónica Zúñiga said...

What a lovely project! I looks so much fun creating this books and what a great idea to keep your works organized and presentable! :)

Love it!

Teresa aka Tess said...

I love the color combinations on the background and the quote is wonderful.

Kolleen said...

beautiful...love the quote

Unknown said...

So Beautiful!
Are you ready to start our quilt?
I'll post Week one tomorrow!:)
I'm so excited we'll be quilting buddies!!

Kelly Warren said...

love this! you are such an inspiration. :-) really really like that quote.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin