Saturday, August 15, 2009

A few nighttime backgrounds



Sometimes I just have to put some color on paper and create---something---and who knows what it will turn out to be. I love to try to do no-think intuitive painting because sometimes you get and gem and sometimes you don't. The ones that don't can be torn up and sometimes then the torn pieces turn into gems. The urge to do this usually hits me about 10:30 pm and I go into my "Closet of Creation" where everything is right at my finger tips but not much room at all. But I do create some fun things in this small space here at home.  This is a big closet for a closet but a small space for a studio. Our next door neighbors have installed a wine cellar in their closet area. We live in a condo and our neighbors have the same layout except opposite. His wine cellar is fantastic and it's mind boggling how he has figures out how to catalogue all the wines and go right to it. I should let him come over and catalogue my art supplies!  I'm sure I'd never find a thing ever again.

8 comments:

Jennifer DeDonato said...

I LOVE the last one...oh my!

Marie aka Grams said...

Martha, I currently in your calligra-fun workshop, and having a great time. I love your Art du Jour and am amazed at the speed you produce your art. It's always inspiring. Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents.

Julie Bagamary said...

The big one is awesome. What type of "pen" did you use or is it a paint brush?

Debbie / Prairie Emporium said...

Martha, I love all 3, the back grounds are awesome.

Faith said...

I love your work.... the last time I did some calligraphy was to put some lettering round a mini spring quilt then embroider the lettering in, it was a challenge but its lovely to see your blog and see what can be done with Calligraphy and turn it into Calliphy art.. Calligraphers like you are special and very far and few between... great blog, I will become one of your followers I love it!!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful colors and design!! I too would love to know what white pen you are using!!!
Hugs and thanks!!
elizabeth

Lauren Maurer said...

My favorite is the top one- but they are all beautiful!

Seth said...

These are wonderful. So bright, vivid and alive with color!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin