Monday, August 3, 2009

Mystery Flowers


These are painted over collage although the collage and if you come in close you see can a bit of the collage peeking through. The top image you will se some distress crackle paste that I thought was almost dried up but crackled very quickly and I guess I should go ahead and use it up before it completely dried out. I like using this crackle paste from Ranger. It gave the top image an interesting texture. Both of these are on a 5 x7 canvas and I am planning to put them into Etsy later today.






6 comments:

Judy Alexander said...

I love both of these. Looked at the closeups and the textures are great. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I am originally from Indiana but love GA.

Mary said...

Love the use of the crackle paste on the first one. You do these so well Martha!!

Sue K said...

These little flowers are so pretty and unusual! Like them!! I've had kind of a 'dry' week with my painting and practicing my lettering. Lots going on here. Hope that things settle down soon.
hugs to you!!

lori vliegen said...

i love the shapes of these flowers....and that crackle effect looks really cool! and....i don't know how i missed that beautiful quilt that macaul made! oh my goodness, it's stunning! bravo!! :)

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous flower paintings. The cracle paint give them something special. Love them.

Jennifer Williams said...

Great crackle effect on the flowers! I enjoy using the Ranger crackle pastes too. I just bought a bright blue one!

These should be snatched up very quickly on Etsy!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin