Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Punching the colors a-la Kelli Nina


For this post I surely want to give credit where credit is due. The top image you might recognize from my post from yesterday and today I printed it out again and punched the colors and stitched. The 2nd image is one of Kelli's images and I only printed it just to see how the colors would punch on it. Those envelopes are very cute so this is what I learned from this fun exercise---Kelli uses fun everyday objects that are more simple in design when allows for fun punchy colors to be used. I love this fun colorful look. I also think it is very cute stitched so maybe I will try to fine some fun and simple things like shoes or pocketbooks or maybe even a fun chair. She says in her blog that she takes images from magazines and modifies and simplifies them to make them her own. I actually used Hydrus watercolors because they are so bright. Fun! Well...hummmm...I wonder where the art du jour will travel next???

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

those hydrus colors are yummy!! i love your idea of doing these using shoes or handbags....i'll bet that would be cute! :)

Debbie said...

I've never heard of hydrus colors, but they really brighten up your pictures! very cute!!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Am loving your still life evolution. Thank you for inspiring me with color!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin