Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Orange Tulips--Day 8 of 30-30 Challenge

These beautiful daisies were fun to paint and with each still life I think I am improving in my quest to paint from life. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think I should paint these flowers one more time before they die maybe with a lighter background. I am watching Hedi Moran videos and I think she is one of the best teachers out there. I love the way she paints. I watch her then go try to do it and mine just doesn't do it like hers. She sometimes uses a little cheap .99 brush. I think there is magic in that little cheap brush.
I did use all transparent colors as a underpainting like she does---and this is how it looked. Maybe I should have left it. I think I might like it better.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty. Nicely done. So interesting to see the process too. Jane S

Mary said...

You are learning so much...I personally like the bottom photo best, but you know how I love color! I love the purple and teal with the orange of the flowers, and things that look less realistic...but that is a personal thing! :) you are doing so well keeping with your desire to paint every day. It's been a long while since I have been in my studio...I desire to, but can't seem to do it!

Karla Dornacher said...

Oh Martha... I love following along with you on this new learning adventure! You are so inspiring and I seriously love your art!! So proud of you for sticking with it and I love what you said about wanting to be the best oil painter you can be... you go girl!! God bless you and the creative works of your heart and hands!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

What fun. I like your flowers in the finished picture...which of Helens videos do you have? I've been looking at them...I will probably get one in the near future

Charmingdesigns said...

sorry, I meant Hedi

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin