Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 15 --Oil over Collage paper-8x10

I apologize for not taking a picture of just the collage paper on the panel but as you can see it's a harlequin design at the bottom and the top was an off white Japanese paper with some thin black geometric shapes. Sometimes I just have to sit down and paint from my imagination. This image seems to come out a lot in my imagination. I must be drawn to red flowers and yellow-ish (yellow ochre and white that is) background. I still like things that are rather grungy looking so as I progress in my painting-from -life journey maybe this will emerge there too. Right now while I am painting from life it is hard for me to decide how I edit what I see. So for now I am just going to paint what I see while I am waiting for my voice (painting style) to come forth.

2 comments:

Say It In Color said...

I really like this voice! Beautiful....as are all the others....but I am partial to collage....just lovely!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

my gosh, your paintings are fantastic!! Whew, I just got home from 3 days of palette knife painting with Leslie Seata...I think I got the hang of it now...not so sure it is my style, but I want to keep trying...I heard some wonderful things about Dreama from a couple people that have taken from her... I'll be posting pictures tomorrow

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin