Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 16 of 30-30

This is day 16 of my everyday journey of painting from life.
Whew!  I had to make the decision that I had to paint these daily painter faster. I haven't cooked my sweet hubbie much of a meal in 2 weeks and the clothes have piled up (again!) so I had to paint my daily paintings faster. So how to do that? Go smaller I guess. Sometimes it takes me just as long for a smaller one. Luckily this one only took about 2 hours so I am done for today. I decided to paint 6x8 and start from a black gessoed background which is something I enjoy doing. I have several black small canvases ready to go. 
These sunflowers were in a clear antique vase but it just wasn't happening so I changed the vase.
It worked ok.


9 comments:

Mary said...

Love...the purple vase looks great!

Unknown said...

Great use of color on this piece!

Pam Schoessow said...

Another beauty!

Peggy said...

Love this--purple and yellow are such a great combo and the black peeking through is perfect!

Sunny K. Lee said...

Wow Beautiful~

Unknown said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Simple clean strokes.

Charmingdesigns said...

I'm in love with your backgrounds! I agree with the small/faster concept.lol

Celia Blanco said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin