Sunday, February 13, 2011

Queen Esther

You might have seen Esther from a post awhile back but I decided to paint Esther and put her in my journal. I didn't think I should show the whole journal page put I thought she was the focal point anyway so here she is. I love the story of Esther and I admire her courage when she says.."if I perish, I perish." She is thinking about what she has to do. I imagine that she was very beautiful and probably very young. Her beauty surely worked in her favor but the power and protection of God was what ultimately saved her. In the journal page her crown and necklace are painted in gold but the scanner doesn't pick that up.

5 comments:

Janie Husband said...

love your new blog look...so soft, the color is....and of course your journal pages are very beautiful with color and script... ;)

Teresa aka Tess said...

She is lovely and I do love her curly locks. Very pretty.

Mary said...

you are filling up some amazingly beautiful journals Martha. What a joy it would be to sit for a time coffee in hand, and immerse my self in them.

jgr said...

She is beautiful, and I can only imagine how lovely the gold is.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Another lovely lady Martha.
Lee:)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin