Friday, February 18, 2011

Letters Mingle Souls and another Alisa page


I am thinking that maybe one of these days I will paint something on a canvas again but for now the journal is the most fun. I love letters of all kinds and in my journal I am free to explore all kinds of letterforms and not worry about straight lines and consistent angles and line widths. It really doesn't matter in a journal. That's why they are FUN!
These, just like the other page of the art supplies, were drawn quickly with pencil first then with a pen. I tried not to stress about too many of the details and just get the shape and shading. I think that this class might be just the thing to help me sketch without getting that pain in my head that I always get when I draw. No pain in my head! That a good thing!

9 comments:

Janie Husband said...

drinking my coffee and admiring your journaling pages this morning, martha... gorgeous...

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I love the loose form of both the sketch and the watercolour, makes for pages that just draw you in :-)

jgr said...

Lovely journal pages! I am really enjoying Alisa's class, too.

Buffy said...

I think we all go through stages from journaling to sketching to some canvases. At least I know I do. And journaling is a relaxing break. Love your sketches of the apple,carrots and grapes.

Createology said...

It is easy to see how much you really enjoy your journals. I really love seeing them. Happy weekend...

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Quickly with pencil first, then with a pen...and what did you use for the colors, Martha, watercolor paints or your magical touch with markers? And if this is a dumb question, sorry!! I LOVE these!

Monica said...

Lovely and the colors are awesome like all of your work Martha! I am always in awe when I look at your lettering. You have such a beautiful handwriting and your journal pages are always inspiring and lovely to look at.

Joy said...

cool, colorful, creative blog! Love the inspiration!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

A lovely page Martha, I love the colours and thanks for telling us your process. It's good to change what we paint on sometimes. Gives us some fresh new ideas
Lee:)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin