Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meditate on the Fruit and Alisa Homework


I am finding that going ahead and putting something on the journal pages, whether it is a collage or a word or a border, then I can come back and write something or maybe put more elements. As I said before, I like to finished up a journal page in one sitting but I am ok with working this way also. These are two journal pages that I actually did today. I added the Calligra-Fun letters on the top then I wrote on both of them. This journal is filling up. I love the deckled edges on this journal that I kept from tearing down the Canson Edition papers.


I am really enjoying Alisa's class so far. Last night about 11:45 rather than going to bed I had to try to draw something really quick and add some color like Alisa does. This was one of the many things on my desk in the art closet. I think that this class just might be the thing that unlocks my fear of drawing. Understand her philosophy about drawing and seeing her do it has been extremely helpful for me! I highly recommend this class!!!








9 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Martha, WOW! your pages are looking great. I am really enjoying the class, too. Hopefully I'll have some time today for the 'homework'.

Buffy said...

Beautiful pages Martha,I love all your sketches on the last page.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Love the facelift on your blog along with the fun pages you've created. The fruit of the Spirit page is wonderful and I love your page of sketching that you've done using ideas from Alisa's class.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Martha! Your fruit of the Spirit page is great and your 2nd page with the paintbrush looks so 3D! Wow! I don't have a profile so had to use 'anonymous'. Have a great day! Fran

Kelly said...

Martha, your pages turned out wonderful. I am sure you will get over your fear of drawing as you seem to be more comfortable with it everyday!
Hugs and blessings

Createology said...

How ironic to read of your wanting to learn to draw more. Your artwork and journal pages are just beautiful and amazing. Happy journaling...

Unknown said...

Martha I am interested in taking your class and want to purchase calligraphy pens before I start the class. Can you recomend which pens I should get?
Renee

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Gee your fruit looks good enough to eat Martha. I just love all of these pages, the way you put all the colours together is really great.
Alisa's class sounds great
Lee:)

Moya said...

As you read this item you'll find that the focus of Battery Gateway Laptop is surely no exception. This battery is 100% compatible with the HP OEM one With the number of options out there for virtualizing hardware, there is no reason at all anymore to default to a physical server solution for anything, unless absolutely required Dell Inspiron 1521 Battery due to hardware compatibility issues or sheer processing needs. This enables you to pass out these useful little objects to whoever your target audience is.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin