Thursday, May 23, 2013

Red Geraniums

It's always nice when I paint from a still life and I feel satisfied with the results.  This Geranium plant actually looked pretty bad so I had to stick some other leaves in it and pump up the flowers.  I bought this plant several weeks ago with the intention of painting it and never got around to it until today. I am pretty much a plant killer so I watched this beautiful plant's health get worse every day. I even try to do right by them too! It's frustrating. I think I need some Miracle grow or something.

8 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Well now you've made it immortal!

Janet Ghio said...

Your painting is beautiful!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

I agree with the first commenter--how clever and how true.

Martha, you just keep getting better and better.

Just beautiful!

Wildflowerhouse said...

The geranium has given it's life so you the great artist could create a masterpiece. Your painting is wonderful.

Mechelle said...

You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

My new favorite of yours!

Introverted Art said...

they are beautiful Martha.

fran pascazio said...

This is just beautiful Martha - you might not be able to grow flowers but you sure are able to paint them....

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin