Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fun Background and a Great Quote


I was going to do a little quick tutorial on how to create these wonderful and colorful backgrounds then I thought I can just tell you. It's so easy. And most of you have probably done this technique.

For this background I took some of my Dylusions Spray Inks that I used for "Lollapalooza Two: The Spray Journal". Then I sprayed some colors fairly "juicily"( I like to make up words) on a sheet of Fabriano Artistico Watercolor paper then put Saran Wrap on top it. 
The cheaper the better for the Saran wrap actually---generic is good.
Then I crinkled the Saran wrap around on the watercolor paper. 
You can see the wonderful crinkles right away. Crinkle it as much or little as you desire.
I let it sit over night and it's like Christmas morning pulling it off to see on the wonderful texture. 
This is a great way to create some colorful snippets for your "Lollapalooza One: Snippet Journal".
 I used my own Neuland font I created from Fontifer and added the quote. 
Feel free to download this one and print it as one of your snippets if you want to. 
I had fun creating these backgrounds and you will too!

ALSO:
Just a few more days for the sale prices!
If you haven't signed up for Lollapalooza you can do that HERE
AND:
If you have signed up and haven't emailed me for the mini-tutorials to get you ready

1 comment:

librariane said...

Thanks for the reminder of this technique!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin