Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What We See with the Eyes

One of the most fun things I like to do is combine my calligraphy with different backgrounds with the magic of Photoshop. I wrote this quote a few days ago and scanned it and came across this little watercolor example that I painted while watching a Youtube video. I love watercolor and should pick up my brushes more often. I am rather busy right now filming the video lessons for my online calligraphy Zig marker class. I've got two completed so far but the editing process takes a while. I am using iMovie and it is a great program--but there is a learning curve. I am very curvy these days! I'm making progress and I will let you know when it will be available. Yikes--I'm excited but scared at the same.

6 comments:

Sue K said...

Love your little watercolor posies with the calligraphy. I too should get out my watercolors more often and play with them.
Way to go on the online lessons. Taking that big step must be scary for you. You will do just fine!! Take care and have a good day!

Teresa aka Tess said...

I love the quote and the watercolor is wonderful. So vibrant and full of life. These go well together, good job!
And no worries, you'll do great with that tutorial movie, you do everything great!

lori vliegen said...

yep, you definitely get the "queen of photoshop" award...you always do such fabulous things with that program! glad the lessons are coming along great...can't wait to see the final product...i'll bring the popcorn!! :)

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Love your bouquet - colorful and whimsical.

I just bought photoshop and will begin the large curve on that one. Thanks for inspiring me to go for it!

Gifts of Creation said...

Thanks for your comments! I have been so out of touch this month but I love your latest watercolor post...it is so beautiful and inspiring. Contgrats on the poster in the previous post!!That is so exciting! I am so impressed and inspired that you are always trying new things like the videos...

Gina Lee Kim said...

What a beautiful and clever hybrid of words and color! I envy your penmanship! Stunning.... :)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin