Tuesday, December 2, 2008

POPPIES AND FRIENDS IN A POT

Oh, I am SO trying to move from my Poppy comfort zone (my daughter even said that I need to move out of that zone just a bit). So my first attempt is to put the Poppies in a pot. The blue flowers I think are suppose to be Hyacinths and I used a mask for them.  This is 11x14 size that I painted on a watercolor block. I love the blocks---then you never have to stretch paper--I DO NOT stretch!  Too lazy and impatient for that.  I also painted some Tulips last night but I am not sure if they are bloggable or not. I thought Tulips would be easy and similar to Poppies and they are, kinda, but I need to practice more of them. Maybe I will blog them tomorrow---I will have to think about that. This painting doesn't have alot of the Michelle Brown techniques in it and it is not splishy splash enough but I'm moving out a bit.

10 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Well I think you did a great job in a slow move from your comfort zone. I love hyacinths, they are so pretty and look good accompanying any other flower. BTW, I love your Christmas blog background.

Julie Bagamary said...

The potted poppies are great. Every step out of your comfort zone is still a step out. YEA!

lori vliegen said...

poppies in a pot...great idea! :)

Kim Padden said...

This is very pretty, Martha. I love the background against the potted poppies.

Martha Lever said...

Merci Beaucoup!!!!!!!

Fannie said...

The entire piece is beautiful, Martha. Love the colors and the design. Why do you need to move from your Poppies? I think it's wonderful that you love painting them as you do. When you're ready to move forward, you'll know. In the meantime, keep painting those poppies until every bloom in every shape and shade comes out of you. ;-D

Would love to see your tulips. "Moving out" is good! You're moving towards your unique style. Keep going. Love to see your growth--just like your poppies.

You're doing great!

Martha Lever said...

Thank you, Fannie!

Brenda said...

The potted flowers look wonderful. It is always a good idea to stretch ourselves isn't it, it's how we learn.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hey Martha, I've been "playing" with my paints and have a question or three.. ;-)
1.) I am used to painting in oils..I ihave a tendancy to "muddy" up the watercolr on my paper..suggestions?

2.) do you mask or just go fot it?

3.) I love Michell Brown too..do you have any plans to offer any on-line classes in watehrcolor flowers?

Thanks for all your inspiration and for sharing your passion :-)

Obat Radang Sendi said...

I love the background against the potted poppies :)
Obat Infeksi Saluran Kencing
Obat Gagal Ginjal
Obat Lupus
Obat Pegal Linu
Cara Mengobati Asam Lambung
Obat Panas Dalam
Obat Kanker Otak

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin