Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is the world is this?

I have tried to resist... yes, I have... tried and tried with all my might but I guess I have given in to my weakness for trying something new---can you guess what I colored this with?? Now don't read any further...can you guess? So, before I tell you (have you read down further yet?) I wanted to first say that these are the calligraphic letterforms that I am teaching in my new upcoming online "Italic Calligraphy" class coming November 2nd. We will learn this basic letterform and a few little variations.

Ok, they are Copic markers. I really don't know what the heck I am doing even after looking at several Youtube videos and a DVD but I must say, they really are fun. You know how I love markers anyway! I need to take a class and there is one here in Jax soon that I am planning to take. The problem is....oh so many colors and oh so expensive! And you really do need many colors to do the shading correctly. I bought some at Hobby Lobby on sale and I guess I will have to get more. There are about 350 colors! Oh goodness....goodness me...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy can't wait to see what you can do with the Copic....did you know they also have an air brushing system to use with the Copic's... have fun !

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Well, it LOOKS like you know what you're doing - it's lovely! Do the markers smell bad? Just curious.

Kiki Finlayson said...

I have a list of colors which I carry with me, and I buy one or sometimes two each time I go to my favorite local art emporium, The Stamping Cat. It's surprising how quickly my stash of markers is building!

Mary said...

Oh do we know what Santa is bringing you - if you can wait that long!! lol

This is beautiful!! Such color!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

When you treat yourself to more coptic markers, we all get treated to more of this beauty...love that! Your bright happy colors are just what I needed today. Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful lettering and flowers!! I ahve heard lots of raves about Copic markers- not sure why they are so darned expensive??? Hence I am avoiding them like the plague!!! I have far too many artistic addictions!!

I will enjoy your work with them however!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

mzjohansen said...

ut them. I have really found it difficult to consider spending that much on markers - not that I actually have it to spend right now !
Cannot wait to be able to sign up for your class !

stregata said...

Art supply addictions - I bet we could turn that topic into a very big book - or maybe a library??

Lisa Holtzman said...

This looks great Martha! Looks like you know what you're doing : )

jgr said...

Martha, you could (and do) make a masterpiece out of anything! Thanks for sharing your technique!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin