Friday, September 25, 2009

Copic Apples

In our drawing class today we drew this apple still life and I decided to brave it and color them with Copics. Copics are very different from watercolors or acrylics and you have to really think about highlights, color blending and layering. It's extremely fun but challenging, especially since I have not had my beginning Copics class---but I have watched many Youtube videos. This one looks better in person ---and from a distance! So in viewing this---please back up! I'm learning---and Hobby Lobby is having a 30%off sale on these very expensive Copics. Unfortunately, you need lots of them and you have to understand the letter and numeric label system. If you buy any, start off with the light ones and build from there because if you just buy several random colors that you like you will be disappointed with the results. Gradations of color value is the key.

4 comments:

julie king said...

so many art supplies and so little money/time. hee hee the apples are great. you are so adventurous, always trying out new things. good fo you and us!!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I agree with Julie, you are always adventurous and so good at explaining your new challenges to us! I love how you colored and shaded the insides of these apples...

Dotti said...

What are copic markers?

Unknown said...

Martha you may want to try oozak.com for copic markers. If you register there you get a discount on already discounted markers. Also at Papertrey Ink they have a really nice color chart to follow. I hope this helps...I've been using the copics a little more now too.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin