Friday, September 18, 2009

My soul waits...




I was reading a blog post that was a link inside someone else's blog which was a link inside that blog etc...( I guess you call this blog surfing) and this Scripture was in that post. If I could find that post again I would like it but I could but can't find it---but it was good. This Scripture was so fitting for that post--God's Word is like that. He can speak to all our circumstances. So I decided to write it, scan it and place it into this background that I created in the Layer Love background class but actually pretty much digi-brushed it and altered it quite a bit. Since I have been filming the Italic Calligraphy class I have been writing some quotes and Scriptures to add as some examples for the class. I am about finished with the filming of the classes--just need to do the capitals---then the editing begins....

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the blues in this painting and the verse really spoke to me today!

Mary said...

Martha, everything about this is beautiful!!

zquilts said...

I love this one Martha! Is the white lettering done with gouache or calligraphic ink of some kind?

Cristi-2 If By Sea said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! And that scripture is fantastic...Thanks for sharing it.

lori vliegen said...

oh, yes....this is a great Scripture!! your letterforms are fabulous, and i love your background (yummy colors!) and your digi-brushes make it look so dimensional!! fantastic!! :))

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin