Friday, September 18, 2009

My soul waits...




I was reading a blog post that was a link inside someone else's blog which was a link inside that blog etc...( I guess you call this blog surfing) and this Scripture was in that post. If I could find that post again I would like it but I could but can't find it---but it was good. This Scripture was so fitting for that post--God's Word is like that. He can speak to all our circumstances. So I decided to write it, scan it and place it into this background that I created in the Layer Love background class but actually pretty much digi-brushed it and altered it quite a bit. Since I have been filming the Italic Calligraphy class I have been writing some quotes and Scriptures to add as some examples for the class. I am about finished with the filming of the classes--just need to do the capitals---then the editing begins....

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the blues in this painting and the verse really spoke to me today!

Mary said...

Martha, everything about this is beautiful!!

mzjohansen said...

I love this one Martha! Is the white lettering done with gouache or calligraphic ink of some kind?

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! And that scripture is fantastic...Thanks for sharing it.

lori vliegen said...

oh, yes....this is a great Scripture!! your letterforms are fabulous, and i love your background (yummy colors!) and your digi-brushes make it look so dimensional!! fantastic!! :))

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin