Saturday, September 19, 2009

The glory of the Lord

I am beginning a bible study soon on prophesy with a wonderful Bible teacher here named Cindy Zeigler. She is an artist too and makes wonderful things. As I was reading about the time with the Lord will return I just wrote this calligraphy, very quickly with my Parallel Pen , scanned it and put it on this background I had. It is enhanced with some digital brushes and the calligraphy has undergone a color change from it's original red to gold. I tried white, light blue off white and settled on gold for the contrast. I haven't printed one of these digi works but I am planning to do that at some point. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Sunday!

6 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Beautiful! Wishing you a peaceful and happy Sunday, too! ~K

Jane Farr said...

Your italic is beautiful Martha. It's full of joy and really complements the scripture.

Jo Miller said...

All of your digi-collages are wonderful! I reaaly love this one too! I was thrilled to see this post today; I too am in a new bible study and created something today that has come thru that study. Isn't it great to be inspired by God and create out of worship to Him!

Woo-Hoo I am pumped up to be a child of God!

Lisa Holtzman said...

Wow, this calligraphy is really fantastic. Your letter forms are gorgeous and there's great energy here!

tami said...

What a beautiful message and piece!
I hope you had a peaceful and wonderful Sunday.

I mentioned you and your Calligrafun class on my blog. Hope you don't mind : )
You are an inspiration!

Julie Bagamary said...

WOW! This piece is gorgeous!! I started a new Bible study last week and it's going to be great on Ester.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin