Thursday, November 1, 2012

It is My Faith...

Purchase info HERE

Sometimes when a watercolor painting just doesn't work (as this one didn't) I look at it through two mat board corners and see if there might be a salvage area on the painting where I can crop. Usually I can find one. This was one such piece. So I decided to get out my Noodlers Ink and just noodle on some lettering. This lettering is my pointed pen Roman curls variation. Most of the time I use black gouache for lettering but I am getting lazy in my old age and would prefer to dip. I guess I could dip into gouache too but ---I digress...

Here are two cuties, Macaulay and Morgan...

and one more cutie:



5 comments:

teri said...

I love the addition of text to this lovely flower, and especially interesting to read about how you salvaged your work. I'm inspired by that.

jgr said...

Hi Martha, great idea for salvaging work, I'm going to try it-I have plenty of 'failures' to work with LOL!
Also-I love the pics of your cuties.

fran pascazio said...

love the shots of your family!

bellefrogworks said...

The lettering is wonderful - makes for a great composition

Bindervteb said...

Browne is currently nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best Contemporary Folk Album for his release of "Love is Strange/En Vivo Con Tino." This last year saw much Browne related news, including the reissue of the documentary DVD "Going Home." Two notes, sounded together, form an 'interval'. Slight detuning of the interval results in audible 'beats', or a pulsating sound. Guitarists often try to eliminate all such beats, e.g. by playing a full chord of E then adjusting the 3rd string. But making one chord 'perfect' will only make other chords worse. In Equal Temperament, the only intervals that do not beat are the unison and the octave. Eliminating beats from any other interval is a big mistake, also to be explained later.More about Beats String bending is shown as an up arrow on guitar tab. is seemingly impossible to play, something sounds really good. "Brown Eyed Girl" ~ Van Morrison

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin