Friday, November 2, 2012

Diane's Patio




I painted this one of my painting teacher, Diane's, patio when she lived in California. I painted it from her painting just for practice so I can't sell this one but I really enjoyed painting it. I know that I can more easily paint from looking at other's paintings because they have already done the editing work on it whether it was a photo or plein air. I am learning to simplify and edit my own photos but this is hard for me because I have a tendency to add way too much detail. Diane is a realist painter so I painted this in a chunkier style.

I do have to brag on my teacher here in Jacksonville. Oprah has a collection of her paintings. She's that good.

6 comments:

Janie Husband said...

what a fun thing, this sound cloud....loved hearing your voice and your sharing of your oil painting experience...... it seems like your are focusing more on one medium now, martha..... and doing a fantastic job of it...;-)

Anonymous said...

great idea to have a recording with your post. So nice to hear more of your thoughts on your painting. I hope you keep it up. Jane

Wildflowerhouse said...

Enjoyed hearing your sweet southern voice. The painting is fantastic and it did remind me of Dreama's work. But it is a Martha painting for sure. Everything you try turns out beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love this. Such a wonderful place and it's been expressed so well in this painting. The work in the floor is amazing!

Charmingdesigns said...

With the recording I felt like you could "reach out and touch someone" :)
This painting is so lovely. I am so excited to see what you do with Connie Winters! Have fun!!

Lisa Graham said...

This painting is so pretty and I enjoyed your soundcloud to go with it. I think you DO have your own style. Love the photos of your cuties below!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin