Monday, September 26, 2011

Back to Pears

I have been feeling some ups and downs about painting lately. I guess it's just part of the art journey. I felt confident that if I could just fine something I wanted to paint then I could paint it but just finding it was a big block for me. I am not good at setting up still lifes or taking great pictures that I can paint. But I decided that I would take Jeff Manoney's advice (he's a fabulous painter)
and go back to basics---paint a pair. When things seems to be falling apart paint a pair.
Good advice.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the pears are lovely and simple and appealing!

Setting up a still life is difficult for me as well. I never could really arrange flowers in real life, and it carries over into a painting. :(

Lesley Edmonds said...

Your pairs are looking delicious. You always seems to get the light and shadow just right.

Doda said...

these are pearfect!

Becca said...

The pears are lovely Martha! I know I can always visit here and be inspired by your art.

Adrian said...

Your colors are just wonderful! Crisp! Autumnal! Perfect!

Kelly said...

Your pears are lovely Martha, you did a great job. It's hard to be creative 24/7, there will always be ups and downs. Hang in there.
Hugs and blessings
Kelly

hannah said...

I love them all.
They make the page look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love this!
No matter what you do, I am always inspired by your art!
I did a sketch today too, stop by if you like...

Still life is my favourite...but portraits might be a close second.

Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Bev Davis said...

I always love your pears :)

Pamela Holderman said...

Your pears are making me hungry - just gorgeous. And Zoe says hi to Bucky!

Jeff Mahorney said...

Hang in there Martha! Those up and downs are part of the ride, like road signs that let you know you're still truckin. May we all find refuge and comfort in the simplicity of the pear. :)
Very nice!! I am loving the colors and texture. the edge treatment is cool too!
-Jeff M

Amy Hill said...

Your pears are making me hungry - just gorgeous. And Zoe says hi to Bucky!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin