Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Daisy Cow

I decided to try something different. I just love cows. They just have the sweetest face although I am not really sure if they are really sweet or not. Anyway, I went on Wet Canvas to find a reference photo. There are lots of images there. One of my goals is to gather some photos that I have taken that I can use for painting. I am very photography challenged. I can never tell if what I am seeing is a good shot or not so therefore I don't take it. I probably should take a photography course. That's on my bucket list---along with going to Tuscany to paint.


Below is the reference photo. Just love that face.


11 comments:

C. said...

Martha- Love this cow! Love the expression, love the colors, love the overall texture. LOVE IT!

Janie Husband said...

beautiful painting, martha.....

jinxxxygirl said...

Martha took a peek at Wetcanvas how do you tell which ones are copyright free??? Love this painting! I love cows too especially when they are young...

Mary said...

You captured it perfectly!
Love it!

Peggy said...

....oooohhh, I love cows, too! This one is great. I have a series of folk art plates hanging on a wall that I affectionately call "Cows of our Planet."

Just want to put a bug in your ear...I do hope you will teach a class using this painting technique!

fran pascazio said...

Great job of capturing the sweet expression on that cows face....love the colors as well....you're something else Miss Martha!!!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

You did a wonderful job of catching his personality through his face Martha. My 3 yr old grandson just adores cows and he lives in the city. I think he must love their sweet looking faces also.
So is this an oil painting or acrylic? I've not tried oils at all yet..but maybe someday.

♥Lee Ann

Michelle O'Connor said...

oh, my! this is so wonderful! I LOVE that face! Great subject matter and beautiful painting!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

I love cows too and he is beautiful:)

Kelly Warren said...

Martha, I LOVE YOUR COW! She is so sweet! I have a small collection of cow paintings, you know...so if you ever put this one up for sale, I hope you'll let me know! :-)

Jamie K. said...

Martha - just found your site. You should show your cow to Miss Mustard Seed...she loves cows! She has tons of followers...she may give you a shout! Very pretty!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin