Saturday, September 4, 2010

Plan "A"

Just needed a bit of color.



Ok so here is my plan...(you know what they say about the best laid plans)...wait... what DO they say about those plans? I need to Google that. Anyway, what I would like to do is draw and paint a different letter every day. But I know that is ambitious at least for me because I am sure I will get distracted and go off into who knows what. Actually I do know what...Towers and Turrets!  I couldn't resist!
This is just a pencil drawing but actually I have been drawing letters for several days. All my calligraphy blog friends will notice that this is very "Sherri Kiesel-like" and actually I have never taken a class from her but it's on my bucket list. I have seen some examples here and there of different Versal letters so I will try to do several of the same letter in different styles. That is---"if those best laid plans of mice and men don't go awry" ( I googled it.)

4 comments:

Renee Troy said...

Love your A...Sherri is on my list as well. However, I wonder what you would learn from her. You could teach your wonderful letters just as well.

I'm loving Towers and Turrets and am looking forward to being inspired by your creations my friend. Enjoy!

Createology said...

This is fantastic and fun. I have been away and am trying to catch up. Your 9 x 11 page is beautiful with the greens and browns. I love the quote. Happy and Safe Labor Day Holiday...

Buffy said...

You sound like me,I google everything.LOL. Love your letter A. Can't wait to see your towers and turrets class work.

Jane Farr said...

I love Sherri's letters too, but have never taken a class from her either. Your "A" is terrific! One down, twenty-five to go! :)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin