Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick! Run for the Paints!

While Macaulay went to her Bible Study I kept Baby Marc and just when I put him down for a nap I dashed for my paints! I had drawn this out the night before as we were watching TV and knew that when I got the chance I would paint it. So I knew that I had about an hour and a help give or take an hour!---so I painted this yellow pot of Hydrandeas. It looked rather hokey at first but after grunging it up a bit with some script stamps and background stamps---and some swipes of Distress Inks I called it finished. Whew...he was still asleep! Tomorrow I have a some doodle flowers that I worked on also while I was there but I could doodle easier without getting out everything. More tomorrow.

12 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Thus is gorgeous! Yes those finishing touchws really bring the piece together and give it texture and depth... i wanna get some distress inks now!

Buffy said...

Thats what you have to do when there's a baby around,Run for the paints when you get a chance! This is beautiful Martha. I just painted some flowers in a vase too. Mine is not as beautiful as yours. I love these colors.

Janie Husband said...

beautiful, beautiful colors and painting, Martha

Marthann's Musings said...

Martha, another amazing picture. You are right the addition of the stamps really makes the painting pop.

Butterfly Works said...

I love this picture of course hydrandeas are one of my favorite flowers and you did a great job. Can't imagine you did this in a hour...you're right the stamping adds so much.....

Art by Darla Kay said...

Love this Martha! I used to paint so many florals and I love the idea of stamping over like you did! What a cool way to incorporate mixed media with it!
BEAUTIFUL!

Diane said...

Gorgeous, Martha!! I love little Marc :)

Nicola said...

Lovely piece!!! Beautiful colours and texture! Did you paint this on canvas or some kind of paper? I know what it's like to try and get something done while the kids are occupied that's how I work all the time, right now I have about 3 different projects all drawn out sitting there waiting for me to paint them! I can't wait and hopefully today is the day! :0)

sara said...

Love the hydrangeas!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Ir's lovely and you painted it in an hour! It would take me a week.... I'm slow.

Timaree said...

This looks great. Your added script and other stuff turned it into a very nice piece.

Renee Troy said...

In true Martha form...it's lovely!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin