Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Poppies in Oil


This is a 9 x 12 canvas that I had painted a background in oil paint over a watercolor painting that I didn't like. Since you can't put acrylic over oil I was committed to oils if I was to put anything on this canvas. So I took a deep breath, took out my Cad Red, Aliz Crimson, Sap Green white and Yellow Ochre and painted. I also used a script stamp for the background. So after I finally took a breath, it turned out pretty good. But it was Poppies--- so I had an advantage. Love those Poppies!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Yes, love those poppies, it has turned out beautifully, great way to recycle.

lori vliegen said...

you always do such a beautiful job when you paint with oils! and, you know that i LOVE your poppies! :)

sherry carrigan said...

Very Nice Martha. I love your poppies. I can't even draw a poppy, much less paint one in any medium.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

I am in love with this piece! Your poppies have made the background perfect.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin