Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Want to crack up??? Paint an egg!


Well, as I said yesterday, I would post the egg. This was very hard to paint and actually it's not even finished but ...for me...it's finished. Diane, the teacher with the magic paint brush, helped me with the light logic of this. Actually, at least for me at this point, you have to know the light logic to help you paint something like this as a value study because you can't really see the subtle changes in values as a newbie painter. I won't be able to continue any more oil classes for now but maybe in the fall I might start back up. I really enjoyed the 5 other wonderful students there and I really like Diane, the teacher. She is amazing.

12 comments:

Catherine said...

That's a wonderful painting!

Buffy said...

Well I think you did a good job.The shading on it looks good too. That looks like it would be hard to paint,especially with oils.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Wow, I love how you painted the way the light hits it. Thhis is great, Martha---looks difficult!

Mary said...

Martha, I can only imagine how much work went into this. I know if you stick with "realistic" style you will be wonderful at it. I took a look at your link for Diane, and thought her paintings are incredible, I find I am not drawn to the "realistic" style as much as others right now.

Sandi said...

your tones are great, I have this thing for egg cups, I love them. Hugs

Teresa aka Tess said...

You a newbie painter??!! I can't think of you as a newbie. I like this painting.

Unknown said...

This really is a great painting! I really like it Martha!

jgr said...

Wonderful egg! I agree with Tess, it's hard to think of you as a 'newbie'.

Renee Troy said...

Your study painting is so inspiring. Just taking Sharon's class has changed my paintings, so I can imagine a hands on study would do so much more.
Great job!

eva diva said...

The egg looks really difficult to paint but you did it!I've always not been confident about realism painting myself, well done you! =)

DJ said...

Good work; I'm proud of you!
In taking that class, you did something out of your comfort zone, and you did it well, my friend.
Please celebrate and pat yourself on the back!
Terrific ~

Anonymous said...

Martha you did a great job! you crack me up....even when you're not painting eggs! this was a cute and funny post.....

maybe some day I'll try painting an egg! as I love doing value studies! so much fun!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin