Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stencil Book Two--"Art Affirmations"

I think it is fun to go out into my red shed and spray paint with my stencils. I then gather all my pages and tear them up evenly  (as possible) and see what I've got. And--you get what you get. Sometimes it is magic and sometimes it's mush but the challenge to me is to see if I can put some lettering on it. I guess I was in a Blackletter mood for this book. I wasn't practiced up on the Blackletter but I won't go there and critique the letterforms. I also found a few spaces for some Italic and monoline lettering. It was fun to do and it took me most of yesterday to edit it. I love editing though--it's fun for me. I love Enya so I decided to use "Carribean Blue". It's amazing how the music will set the mood-- Music is powerful isn't it?  (Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it isn't.)

I did sew the book but not with Bernie. I tried it and the needle pulled completely out since I had used cloth tape for bookbinding for the spine. That stuff is super adhesive so of course the needle came out---duh!

10 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Good morning, Martha! My oldest son Noah was watching your video with me this morning and commented, "Wow, that's pretty fabric Momma!"

Have a blessed day!

Jane Farr said...

Beautiful work Martha. I really like the crossbar you did on some of your "t"s. delicious!! Really gives it that Martha "spark." :-)

sherry carrigan said...

Awesome!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Wow, Loved it!!

Sue K said...

WOW! Wonderful Video!!! Love your work!! Enya is one of my FAVS too.....Very uplifting video this morning!!!
hugs, Sue

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Way cool!
I'm an Enya fan too. She takes me away.

Kelly Warren said...

martha this is SO beautiful! i'd love to come spend a day in your studio with you one day just to watch and learn. :-)

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Your work is awesome. I love your calligraphy.

Debbie said...

How pretty! I love your lettering and the colors you chose!

PrairiePeasant said...

Very beautiful work! Each page is lovely by itself, but I would have loved to see the full sheets before you tore them up! I'm taking the online stencilry class right now and it should be a blast!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin