This is on a 6 x 6 canvas panel and she is collaged with paper, gel transfer for my lettering then the face was painted with Claudine Hellmuth acrylic Studio Paints, which I love. The 6x6 is adhered to an Ampersand panel and the sides are collaged with pages from an old and very much falling apart antique Bible--hence the title "Surrounded by Light."
I think I might have gotten the hang of the gel transfer. This is how I did it (I am writing this to remind myself also):
1. Use a copy that is toner based
2. Put Golden soft gel on the back of the copy and on the surface
smooth out with a brayer
(I try not to put gel on the backside of the copy to be transfered so water can saturate better)
3. Let sit for about 2 minutes but make sure you can grab the corner
4. Pull the corner and HOPFULLY all the paper will pull off leaving just another thin layer underneath-if not just go on to step 5
5. Hit it with your heat gun
6. Saturate with water and rub. (Your transfer will show through when you put the water on it.) Be careful not to rub your transfer off! I use rubber gloves because it tingles my bare fingers too much
This is a combination of several techniques from my gel transfer research. So far it has worked really well.