Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two Journals in progress

I have two journals that I am working in now. This is the Canson Mixed Media 7x10. I have collaged the front of the journals so maybe I will blog them so you can see the covers. The other journal is made from the Canson Edition paper and it is spiral bound with the Rubicoil.  This page was pretty quick and  I did this one is one sitting. The stamps are hand carved, the top border is an Adirondack sprayed strip and you can see punchanella (love punchanella!!!-->sequin waste). I do these journal pages at home at night in my " closet of creation." It is just a large walk- in closet that is actually very functional and everything is right at my reach. Sometimes I think I get more done in the art closet than at the studio. At the studio I have a comfy sofa and a big TV where I can watch recorded "What Not to Wear" and Dr.
 Oz. Less distractions in the closet!

12 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I love my PaperPumpkin Room like you love your closet, Martha! The only distraction in there is more stuff to play with to make goodies and art journal! LOVE this page, my friend. Have a happy Sunday, K

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Wonderful page as well as the post under this one...just lovely work!!

Gifts of Creation said...

I love your journaling Martha! Once again you have inspired me! I bought a Strathmore Mixed Media and a Strathmore Drawing journal. I have so many ideas when I'm out and about that just get forgotten, so I am bringing my prismacolor pencils in a bag and the drawing journal with me.
At the DRs office, I saw a huge Monet - like pond and sketched it...it was fun and I had plenty of time to finish it!

Anna Schüler said...

I am following your blog since a while now and have to say that I really enjoy your work!!

jgr said...

Another beautiful page, Thank you for so much inspiration!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Love your journal page Martha and also love your taste in T.V. I too love "What Not To Wear".

Nancy said...

This is so appealing. I love the white writing on the color page.

Debbie said...

i love these yummy colors Martha! Great verse too. :-) xoxo

Gina Lee Kim said...

I love this! Perfect, juicy mixed media background.

p.s. I love What Not To Wear (hilarious) and Dr. Oz (what a handsome doctor, right?).

Say It In Color said...

I love this page...the colors are awesome together...love it!!!

LuckyDog said...

Yummy! I had no idea that you made these kinda fast.. Cool!
And they're always so wonderful!!
XOXO, Donna

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Great page Martha. I love the hand carved stamps.
Lee:)

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin