Friday, January 7, 2011

Mama--kinda...



She really does look similar to pictures of my mother when she was young. I wonder if that is something subconscious when I draw faces. Sometimes people say my girls look like me or my daughter. Isn't that a strange phnom???
This is another @30 minute page from a new journal I bought yesterday with coupon in hand at Michaels. They turned out to be 40% off and that was a good deal so I used my coupon for a Tim Holtz very cool ruler. Like I really needed that but ...well, the coupon was burning a hole in my hand. I actually like the paper in this journal very much. It is smaller (7x10) than the big journal so easier to do a 30 minute page. The cover is very sturdy and good for collage embellishments, etc. This one might have taken a bit longer because I tried out the watercolor on the pages last night and also painted the flower pot. Those are my 5 minute flowers so I will say that I still just about made it in the 30 minute limit. It helps that I have cut out some images from my art work so all I have to do in collage then in. That's a Violette tip. I love Violette.

9 comments:

Gina said...

I love all of your journal pages! They say when you draw faces they share similar features to your own b/c you're most familiar with your own face.
So what type of sketchbook is this?
Thank you for all the inspiration! I just signed up for Calligrafun and I'm looking forward to it :)

Sue K said...

Love your journal pages Martha! Someday, you will look back at these journals and they will bring back lots of memories. And your family will have a big piece of you to treasure!
Love and hugs, Sue K

Createology said...

Beautiful. I look forward to Spring and the wonderful flowers it brings. Your art is inspirational...

Sarah said...

just bought the same journal, Martha! I think it will be great for all these journal challenges. Thank you for inspiring me, everyday!

Cori Lynn Berg said...

I really love the color scheme of this... What do you use to collage the extra images on with?

Brenda said...

Wow, 30 minutes, that's incredible. Beautiful journal page.

Buffy said...

I can't believe you finished this in thirty minutes,it takes me thirty minutes just to decide what to do LOL. Another beautiful page,and I love the small sketch of flowers.

Kerr Pelto said...

Martha, I really like this one...the face. So beautiful. She looks right at and through you and you can sense her kindness and gentleness.
Gina - So glad to see that you are taking Martha's class. You'll LOVE it!

Diane said...

More inspiration for me Martha. So what kind of book is it?
P.S. My mother always says the same to me--that my faces look my one daughter.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin