Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The best-laid plans...


Yes, the best laid plans are sometimes interrupted by life but I love working quickly in a journal and creating a page in 30 minutes --> or less. My brain does not work in a way that let's me leave anything undone when I start it so my goal is to try to do a page a day or every other day. 
Next week I will be starting to work on the 200 wedding envelopes for my college friend's daughter. The wedding is in May so by the first of April they all need to be mailed. So, as a calligrapher, I am ashamed to say I have never done wedding envelopes so I do not know what to expect as to how it will go and if it will squelch any creative juices while I am doing them. So if I don't post for a while, you will know that has happened. I am so happy to do these for my dear friend and actually I LOVE to write so hopefully it will be enjoyable. It looks like a 30 minute journal page shouldn't be a problem but I well see how it goes. I do want to make a journal using the puffy quilted fabric squares for the cover like Teesha shows in these YouTube videos. But again...the best-laid plans...

The stamp at the top left is from Lori's collection of fabulous stamps.

6 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh wow, what a fun page and in only 30 min?! Again wow! That wopuld take me days. I think too much when I create. The wedding envelopes will be heavenly I amm sure. Your calligraphy lettering is so beautiful. I do hope you will be allowed to show us just one of the envelopes after they've gone out. Enjopy as I am sure you will....
Happy New Year

Diane said...

You are teaching me Martha--I am journaling this year--very new to me, believe it or not.

jgr said...

Martha, your page is wonderful and I like your idea of finishing a page in 30 min or less. I'm going to try it. Soon. Also, I know your friend and her daughter will love the envelopes.

lori vliegen said...

yes.....always create art from your heart!! and your art is such a wonderful reflection of your gorgeous heart!! and now i'm gonna try to do a journal page in 30 minutes (yeah, right.....!)...... xoxo, :))
p.s. thanks for the linky love.....the image looks great on your page!! xo

Createology said...

Amazing that you did this in 30 minutes. It is so full of interest and creativity. I love it! Your envelope project will be wonderful. Happy calligraphy...

Jane Farr said...

Your friend is going to be amazed and thrilled with your calligraphy on the invitation envelopes for her daughter's wedding!! Lori's stamp and your 30 minute journal page are terrific together.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin