Monday, August 30, 2010

Earth has no sorrow...



I like this quote so I decided to play around with my star stencils and see what happened. I kinda like the way it turned out. I have two more similar ones ready for lettering. This is why calligraphy is a nail bitter sometimes because you have the background all ready then you have to take a deep breath, steady the hands and go for it. We'll see how the other two turn out. I'll let you know and post it if it passes the juried stage (me!)  There is also Frosted Lace Stickles swirled around on the stars that you can't see in this photo. It just gives it just a little bit of bling and sparkle. 

11 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Love the lettering, very unique and eye catching. This is beautiful as a whole. Looking forward to the next one :-)

Buffy said...

Beautiful,love the colors and the quote is also beautiful. I just wanted to let you know that I'll order the soaps today and I should be able to mail it out by friday or monday.I'm not gonna publish your last comment because of your address.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Love the colors here and the swirls on the stars are fabulous. Gives the piece a fancy feel. Great qoute!

Teresa aka Tess said...

P.S. We are our own worst critics...be gentle on yourself.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Thank you for this artwork today, Martha. ♥

Patti G. said...

Another wonderful piece Martha!
AND your FALL COLORS girl is magnificent!
Ohhhhhhh love all your artwork!
That inner critic......send her on vacation! (wink)
Hugs,Patti

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

Unknown said...

Hi Martha, I don't always post remarks when I visit, and I'm sorry for that...I love your blog, and one of these days I'm gonna take this course...I really want to learn. Blessings to you for a wonderful week!!! Bevie

Unknown said...

PS...I love this little piece you created hon...it's lovely!!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous as always! I love this quote. I do not have steady hands so you are very blessed!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful!!! I am inspired and I too love that verse!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin