Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All about trust and faith..


Some Neuland lettering with my trusty Zigs in my lined composition journal.
Now starts the countdown to IAMPETH in Orlando. 6 more days to go. I will be going back to my calligraphy roots and re-ground myself with how my art journey all started out--calligraphy. I have certainly felt like I have been unsettled lately, although, not really in a bad way, just...something doesn't seem quite right in my journey. Could be hormonal..well, we, 50 somethings can just about blame everything on hormones, can't we?
Anyway, here are a few journal pages with some of my background art.
And yes, it is all about trust and faith...keeping it...always...in everything.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I understand that unsettled feeling.
and the not understanding what it's about, or where it comes from.

love and hugs!

Patti G. said...

Martha,
I think that unsettled feeling is necessary. Imagine if you went along never wondering or thinking about your journey and just blindly plugged along. That would be NO FUN! :0) Hang in there girlfriend!

Also, enjoy your wonderful convention in FL where you will be with pen artists all sharing the love of handwritten creations! How neat!!!!!!!!Be sure and share what you do while there.

This recent quote and lettering is LOVELY!
Hugs,Patti

DJ said...

Being in that "unsettled place" is not fun, but isn't it reassuring that He carries us through it?
1 Peter 5:10
(Perhaps He's preparing you to touch someone's heart/be present for someone at the convention? Just a thought...)

Jane Farr said...

I hope you have a great time at IAMPETH! Please sling some ink for me, and please, please, please share about your experience!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

That unsettled feeling can be so difficult to see through...until I remember that sometimes I need to go there to get back up higher in my faith again. Your calligraphy retreat sounds wonderful, Martha! Can't wait to see what you do there! {Thank you for your kind comment yesterday...♥}

Butterfly Works said...

For me, unsettled feelings are usually just about growth...

Have fun at your workshop and do let us see what you're doing....

Hugs

jgr said...

I can't wait to read about your convention!

Createology said...

I always enjoy your art. I do understand that "unsettled" feeling and think hormones are perfect to blame it on but it is always good to re-balance ourselves. Happy creating...

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I'm excited to found your blog! So beautiful most creative pieces, I need much time to look for all:-)
But I'll come again to visit. I love your calligraphy and in all your works too, and your colorful textures.
Hugs Anja from germany

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin