Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Two at IAMPATH

Today was fun with Bodacious Borders in the morning and the Painted Illuminated letter. I love the bodacious borders and what was really bodacious was that it has great potential for doodling in the journal. The "B" is quilded with gold and it was very easy because there is a guy here that sells the adhesive that is his secret recipe --so guilding is a snap! And I wish I could claim that beautiful flourished "Martha" but I can't---but I am taking her class on Friday so I will be able to do it after the class! ha ha
All in all, a good time is being had by all. Now if I can just stay out of the John Neal shop!
I'm off to the silent auction and more demos.

10 comments:

Kim Shenberger said...

I would spend my lunch money at John Neals. And my supper money. And my supplies money. And all the money I could find under the seat of my car.

I love John Neal Booksellers.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Now this is my cup of tea, just love the flourishes can't wait to see how you incorporate all that you're learning into your own art when you return home!

Nancy said...

I love the borders...WOW...I just know you are having so much fun and learning tons.....

Know we are thinking about you....

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I want bodacious borders!!! Ack! I NEED them! ♥ Hearts to you and hats off, too! Glad you are having so much fun, Martha.

Buffy said...

These borders are going to be great for journaling.Glad you are having fun.

Patti G. said...

Martha, your boarders are stunning!!!!!! Your creative lettering and doodling and artwork is always bbbbbbbeautiful! I think when you come home, you should give a little overview of your journey to becoming the lettering artist you are and how you got to this point! I mean, I am take back with your pieces and I KNOW there is a NATURAL GIFT here also, but you are fantastic!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Jane Farr said...

Swoon! Love these Martha. Love your pen holder too. Did you come away with anything at the auction? Have fun today!

Createology said...

Wonderfully bodacious borders and you are so correct in the journal doodle possibilities. The flourish on Martha is over the moon! Happy calligraphing...

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Fantastic, Martha! Love the borders and think you are exactly correct about doodling.

A John Neal shop???? That will take a lot of control to stay away from :)

Kelly said...

Gorgeous borders! I have to learn more about all this. Thanks for sharing.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin