Sunday, January 10, 2010

Watch and Pray--Sunday journal entry

I have been taking DJ Pettitt's Photoshop online class and first I would like to say what a wonderful job she has done on this workshop and how difficult it must have been to compile all of this excellent information. I thought I knew a lot about Photoshop but she has given me valuable information and more that just a few---"aha, so that's how she does it!!!" The girl in the journal entry was one I painted and blogged several days ago--- then I added a another layer filled with white then erased with a brush I made out of a sunflower drawing I did. Got it? Well, you will just have to take her class to explain it all! It's rather complicated but yet, once you learn it, oh, so easy...and addicting!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, how fantastic is that!!!
The things you are going to be able to do with your art!! Keeping my eyes open!!!

Elizabeth said...

Dj is doing a fabulous job!! I knew 0 about photoshop and I actually completed the first exercise!!!! WHOOO HOO!! i love what you are doing here with your art. It will be so awesome to scan in all of our own art forms to then add to in photoshop!! can't wait to watch your creations evolve!!!
Elizabeth

Sandi said...

Martha beautiful, I love my photoshop and one thing I want to learn are brushes and masks, one of these days will sit to it, your page is gorgeous. Hugs

Kate said...

I love it! And thanks for explaining your process -- it helps those of us who are still waay at the bottom of the learning curve!

Kelly Warren said...

beautiful martha! i've been overwhelmed with all the info in DJ's class! what great stuff.

lori vliegen said...

waaaaay too cool!!!! looks like i'm gonna have to get busy..... xoxox, :)))

Jodi Ohl said...

Love it! Dj's class sounds wonderful! I really haven't tried to manipulate my art in photoshop but seeing your work makes me want to try!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin