Sunday, January 24, 2010

Peace like a River




I am debating whether to put more writing. I will leave it for now. She is another girl I sketched on the sofa while watching "24". It's intense so I like to sketch when I watch it. Don't we all hope that there is a "Jack Bauer" working out there under cover for our gov't? Some of you probably have no idea what I am talking about! I glued her into the Moleskine journal. This is how I heard someone pronounce that:
Mole-ska-na: with a long "a" over the second "a" and the accent on the second syllable---but who knows. This person seemed like she knew.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

7 comments:

Janie Husband said...

another beautiful page, Martha.....love the "flapper/hippie" headband....Peace

Kim Shenberger said...

Love the colors in this one--and her rosy cheeks!

Fotf said...

Lovely colours Martha, feel like i'm always saying that, all about the colours lol.I do know of 24 but have never watched it. Have a great day :)

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Your girls are all wonderful.

And just FYI - according to Wikipedia, Moleskine is pronounced mol-a-skeen’-a.

Mary said...

You know Martha, your journal pages/style are fast becoming my all time favorites!!!! Whether or not you add more words it is beautiful!!!

Yes, I hear ya about Jack Bauer. Though sometimes I cannot watch it, it makes me to anxious!!!! Not a relaxing show!! (does he ever pee?) :) :) :)

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

How gorgeous! I love the colors in this painting.

We watch 24 also. That show can frustrate me because their is constantly a cliff hanger. Maybe if I would work on an art page while watching I wouldn't get so stressed over the show. I'm impressed Martha that you can do such beautiful pages on your couch.

Kerr Pelto said...

dear martha,
i am thrilled that i found you online. i will now be one of your followers. one thing i want to do is start a calligraphic/watercolors journal. could you give me some advice on what brand of journal to buy that will take watercolors and ink?
kerr pelto, calligrapher in raleigh

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin