Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jessica and Carmen



Well, I am not sure if I really like the look of these girls when I start from black. Sometimes they don't turn out any thing near what I originally drew. It certainly is a challenge to construct a face this way but I do like the tones in the face but the eyes get kinda off kilter. The top girl has some big hair for sure and I guess I really could have corrected that. I do follow a face in a magazine just to see where the shadows are which helps but again, it looks nothing like the magazine. I will probably fiddle with miss big hair some more and maybe spiffy up her blouse a bit. The girl on the bottom looks like a Carmen and let's see, the girl on the top looks like a Jessica. I will probably use these images with some neat things I have learned in DJ's class.

6 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

They look nice and hey, some girls just have big hair!

Sleepyhead Designs Studio said...

I love them! I think we are too hard on ourselves as artists to make our art look exactly like a picture, or exactly like what we see in our head. I wish we could see our own art through another persons eyes first. I have no idea what you were looking at, but I love the colors, I love the abstract elements and I love the eyes.

Regina said...

I think they are lovely! How big are the paintings? I think I need to check out this class because I like what you've done.

Nicola said...

I think these ladies are lovely! I love painting from black as I find it a real challenge. Great tones on the face, lovely work!

lori vliegen said...

i quite like jessica and carmen....they look like they'd be fun to have lunch with and do a little shopping!! :))

Apple said...

Great portraits!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin