Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a beautiful GARDEN-in the journal

When I grew up in West Point, Georgia, Callaway Gardens was only 25 minutes away and I grew up on that "beach" watching my older brother be the clown in the ski show. He was very good back then! And as I grew older I learned to appreciate the gardens and went there often. This is from my last trip before I sold the house to my nephew and knew that my travels to this place would be very few and far between--or if ever again. I am not sure if this picture is right side up or not but it doesn't really matter. They were the most beautiful Irises growing out from a rock wall with a waterfall. In Photoshop I added poster edges filter and kicked the hue and saturation way up. It just happened to blend with this watercolor page that I had done so !voila!...easy page...done!

--------update----
PS I was informed that these are Orchids. I love flowers but I'm not good at identifying them!

14 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

You've done it again, Martha!

Your journal pages are just such wonderful eye candy.

xoxo

jgr said...

Yes, you've done it again! This is my new favorite
(until tomorrow) LOL. I think it's so much fun that you grew up near Callaway, I love it there.

Sandi said...

Oh Martha, exploding in gorgeous color, I adore your color. Hugs

Teresa aka Tess said...

Iris tends to do that. Explode with color just like your journals. Thanks for sharing. (And go visit that nephew sometime, I bet he'd love to see you.) :)

Mary said...

Beautiful! Look at all that lovely lavender color that the iris's are!!
I love them on that color background!!

Julie Bagamary said...

I visited th "beach" at Calloway Gardens as a child also - such a beautiful place. Great journal page!

Art by Darla Kay said...

Ohhh, I just love the colors on this Martha! Beautiful!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

How lucky to have been able to visit Callaway Gardens so often. I've been just once and I remember how beautiful it was. Love your journal page too.

Gina Lee Kim said...

You are my blessing Martha! I'm with Jane. This is my new favorite....until tomorrow. p.s. you do take breaks, sleep & eat too, right? LOL.

Kelly Warren said...

beautiful. i need to come over and spend a day with you and learn some tips. :-)

Lisa Holtzman said...

SO pretty!!!!

Regina said...

Your beautiful page is a much-needed dash of spring! Thanks for sharing it.

Debbie Eckmier said...

Hi Martha - really nice page... but um... those are orchids :-/

Shirley said...

What a beautiful piece, Martha! Happy New Year - I am so grateful to have discovered your work last year. Much peace and time to create for you in the new year!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin